Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm older yet younger

This weekend was pretty fun. On Friday Kelly's previous bosslady came over with her husband and 2 kids. I broiled some swordfish steaks that marinated in amaretto, white wine and crushed tomatoes. They were served with potatoes lyonnaise and f'in amazing if I do say so myself. Kelly baked some pumpkin bread for dessert that was divine. I made the kids some blueberry waffles for obvious reasons.

Saturday we had a few people over to celebrate me reaching 210 dog years! I never thought I had it in me. Kelly got some people to chip in for a Wii which I guess negates me getting older somehow.

Sunday we joined a 30 person float trip down the Missouri. We went from Rocheport to Katfish Katy's where there was supposed to be blues and BBQ, but I think they ran out of food before we got there. The river was a bit low. We could reach the bottom with out paddles most of the time. But that's good because there were more sandbars and impromptu islands that you could run around on to stretch out your kayaked legs. The water wasn't so cold that you couldn't spash around like an idiot. So that was fun.

I would write more, but I gots me some inventory to check off.

2 comments:

WanderingLili said...

Y'all have turned to a couple of out door out laws! you'd better look out you might get a tan =)

MyBlog said...

For your birthday, I registered to vote. I want to utilize my right to vote! And to piss off my family in the process since I won't be voting for anything related to Sarah Failin.

It looks like your birthday was super fun! I'm sorry your Blues Festival was all shut down by the time you got there though. ~gentle hugs~