Friday, October 17, 2008

Burning Gourds!


Look out! The grim reaper has a pronounced forehead and a testicles nose. Kelly was truly inspired last night. Our pumpkin carving party went from 7 people to just we two, but that's fine cuz other people are stupid! Who needs em? We made a fire in the pit as the sun set. As I carved my pumpkin I wondered how I would explain this ritual to someone in Liberia. Our culture is so detached from what we were a few thousand years ago. We take so much for granted. Just because I show up to work and appear to remain alert for 8 hours a day I'm entitled to a seemingly unlimited supply of food. I can call forth running water from about 14 locations in my house. To American's that's nothing. To the rest of the world it's heaven. If my jeans don't fit just right I can run out and but a dozen others... sorry I'm starting to ramble and depress. Sometimes you just want to run away and live in the woods until you think what am I going to eat? How will I take a 10 minute hot shower in the morning? Who will be my role model now that my role model is gone, gone, ducked back down the alley with some roly poly little bat-faced girl. Damn you, Paul Simon! I will not call you Al! It makes no sense!

So anyways, who has their Halloween costume ready? It may be the most important decision you make this year. Screw the presidential race. Hey that reminds me. I think I heard something about Canada having an election recently. Good for them! I think I heard a 5 second quip on one of them "news" channels. I guess it's somewhat important that they erected a new leader, but who has time to report that when there's so much juicy finger-pointing going on in this country? They say Obama is up in the polls which is good, but all the lazy youngins will use that as an excuse to skip voting. Look guys! Every electoral vote counts. The citizens, not so much, but if you are a member of the electoral college you better get out there and vote. My mind can not wrap around exactly how that process works, but I trust it's in the best interest of this great nation. Amen.

3 comments:

WanderingLili said...

Like your Pun'kin!!! The other stuff I could take or leave.

MyBlog said...

It's posts like these that make me miss you guys the most. You two were the only friends we had that shared that vision of the human species. I flip through the channels, see a football game on, and think, "Is this all we strive to do now? Males just want to throw balls around and women just want to be made of plastic so those men will want them?"

Anyway, I love your punkins. I have my costume ready! Joey and I are going to the Memphis Zoo with our friend Kari on Halloween night. This is the first year they are having an adults-only party with plenty of booze. It's called the Black Cat Bash or something. It may or may not be any fun, but I want to support the zoo's efforts to have an adults-only event. Our zoo is so focused on kids, that they never have events for just adults.

What are you guys gonna be this year?

Thomas said...

I think I'm going to be Justin Timberlake from the Dick in a Box video. It's pretty easy to throw together plus you get to dance around all night drinking champagne. Oh and it'll creep people out! You can't beat that.
The zoo sounds like a lot of fun for once. Good luck.