Monday, June 9, 2008

Greggy-poots!


Greg came to town Thursday night and we had a great time. The heat and humidity of the weekend tried to sap our energies, but we persevered. Greg didn't come into town until late so Kelly and I went to the Twilight Festival by ourselves. There was a concert at Flat Branch park with some guy who sounded like Willie Nelson. We saw some kids dressed up as mimes so we got scared and wandered around downtown. There were some more bands playing around and freaks throwing fire around.

On Friday we made pancakes and biked around Rocheport. Apparently Lewis and Clark explored the area exactly 240 years ago. I thought there would be more people around celebrating like crazy, but it was just we 3. That afternoon we went to Jess's 30th birthday party. We got him a first aid kit because he's always stabbing himself with something. After that we played around downtown since it was such a nice night.
On Saturday we went to the Art in the Park thing, but it was like 120 degrees and 120% humidity. Nobody really had the power to walk around and look at art. We rather felt like dying. After a brief nap and movie at home we mustered the energy to go to the symphony. They played what sounded like John Williams at first then after the intermission they rocked out Beethoven's 9th. I was awesome, but hard to enjoy as you can see from the pictures we were seated behind a 300 pound 4 year old. She could not sit still for 3 seconds. Every once in a while she thought the conductor needed help so she would wave her ham-hands around until her wrist got tired. It was very difficult to not pop her on the head with my program. But we restrained and it was a good show. After that we shot some pool and watched Spiderman.
Greg had to leave Sunday morning. He was going to go kayaking with us, but his innate fear of getting slightly wet prevented him from doing so. Kelly and I strapped the kayaks to the roof and hit Finger Lakes. It was beautiful out there and the perfect temperature to stick your feet into the water. In one of the pictures you can almost see the deer that was resting on the bank. We got pretty close before she darted off into the forest. I'll find her one day. And I'll eat her.
The end.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It was the best weekend ever - hey you left the part out about no one handed pool and how if you do play one handed pool they will call the cops on you!

WanderingLili said...

Hey - Y'all are so funny! but I don't see the deer pic or the fat kid! I feel like I'm missing out!

Thomas said...

OH YES! If you are an aficionado of one handed pool playing you will want to steer clear of Booches in Downtown Columbia Missouri. The fines for displaying your talents and running the risk of damaging their great tables could be severe! One old man almost got the cops called on him. Don't let this be you.

WanderingLili said...

YAHOO!!! I was blocked in the AZ network so I had to go home to view the pics. They were really good.

MyBlog said...

I am catching up on your blogs. Blargs. I feel like I am right there with you. Only I am not, and so when I stop reading I get sad.