Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Crampin' and Floatin'


We took off Friday and drove down to Lesterville, MO to go floating on the black river. Much to our dismay that idea was shared by dozens of the most annoying frat boys I've ever encountered. When booking your campsite and the proprietors inquire if you would like a family campground or a noisy campground you should respond with "family." We got about 4 hours asleep that weekend, but still managed to have a lot of fun. Not nearly as much fun as all the douchebags, but we enjoyed ourselves irreguardlessly. We had about a dozen people in our group and about 200 jello shots. Those helped.
Jess was kind enough to tote our kayaks on his trailer so we didn't worry about them flying off the highway. Saturday morning... or more like noon on Saturday we managed to get on the river. It was a bit low so you had to drag your boat in some parts, but others we deep and full of fish that you could see through the crystal clear water. Kelly and I never tumped over, but I think everyone in canoes did at least once. There were lots of downed trees which made for some interesting turns. I wish I had more pictures of the river, but I didn't dare bring my camera in the boat.
Sunday was more relaxed until we drove home. After only 2 miles past a wrong turn we found a car that had just wrecked. There was some teenage girl inside just freakin out. We pulled over and got her out of the car since it smelled like gas. I ran down the road to slow the traffic because people were taking the turns at about 65. This was somewhere on Route-J which is a 2 lane highway through some mountains so it twists around a lot. She lost control at the top of a hill and swerved all around, drove up an embankment, flipped over at least once before the car dropped by a tree. She was damn lucky to have stopped where she did because anywhere else she would have fallen down about 100 feet and we never would have seen her. I hope she's ok. Kelly said she could see her skull.
ANYWAYS! Fun weekend for all. Last night we went to a party and saw some kids dismember a piƱat. That's always fun. I'm sure more happened this weekend, but I can't remember and I'd rather leave work now.

1 comments:

WanderingLili said...

You should get a water camera. WOW! You and Kelley are like a hero or two heros for that matter!