Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I take orders from my toothbrush

So we finally got out kayaks. It took a couple of trips to Bass Pro to convince them to get off their lazy asses and sell them to us. We still need 1 more life jacket though. Apparently they are expecting hundreds of morbidly obese people to take to the lakes this summer. We could only find 1 small and everything else was like XXXXXL. America is truly the land of plenty!
On Friday we had some of Kelly's intern friends over for a Cajun tur-duc-en which was surprisingly delicious. The turkey part was a bit dry, but we didn't want to add gravy for fear that it would rob some of the meat upon meat upon meat experience. Saturday we went to a wedding in Ashland. Thankfully it wasn't too long and we don't know the people well enough to stay any longer than necessary. Sunday we hosted a surprise birthday party for Monica. Apparently she is 20 years older than she looks. Who knew? We stayed up until the wee hours talking about religion and ghosts! Ooooohh. Scary...

Monday was pretty lazy. We met Jess and Monica at Finger Lakes to test out the kayaks. I had never actually been in one so I'm pretty glad I enjoyed it since we bought 2 of them. Transporting them is an adventure in itself. We are able to put them both on top of my Contour and tie them down with straps and rope. It's pretty scary getting on the highway because you can see them move around a little bit. We try to judge the faces of the people in the cars passing us to see if the boats are going to fall off or not. Nobody seemed to be too alarmed. I'm either going to look for a car with a real roof rack or maybe a trailer with which to carry them, but Uncle Bush's money is almost all spent. I invested in the economy! I feel like a productive citizen. I'm doing my part to stop the bug invasion from Klendathu, are you?


After this week's dentist appointment I was issued an Oral-B® Triumph™ with SmartGuide™ProfessionalCare™ 9900 (1.21 gigawatt) toothbrush. Apparently there exists a need for people to be told which quadrant and for how long to brush. It's very powerful too. Feels like the dentist is right there with me in my mouth! After 30 seconds it will inform you it's time to move to another quadrant of your mouth for optimum cleaning. If you do it right you get a smiley face! I used to make fun of people with power toothbrushes, but they do get the job done a bit better. And in a couple of years they will develop sentience and dominate the fallible human race.
I just remembered that my phone is a model 9900 just like my toothbrush. I guess that's the most official sounding number that the product-naming-people have come up with recently. That's really something to think about...

1 comments:

WanderingLili said...

COOL!!! I bet your chompers are REALLY clean!!! So this was FREE? Man I really need to go to MO.