Monday, May 5, 2008

Mmm muffins

The weekend was pretty nice. Very slow and I slept way too much, but what'r'ya gonna do? I've spent the last hour updating my Good Reads page (you should join!) and trying not to itch my poison oak spots. They are from pulling weeks last week and I may have added to it this week as well. But at least 99% of the garden and lawn is weed-free. Now I have to hope the castor oil keeps the moles at bay. Those little buggers teach the heck out of my beautiful beautiful lawn. Any by my I mean the bank's.
Let's see... anything exciting happen? Nerp! Saw Ironman. It was as cheesy as I thought, but not so bad that I asked for my money back. Oh no, his enemy is a bigger one of him! Scary! Just like the new Hulk coming out. His enemy is a bigger Hulk? Will he find it in himself to overcome the adversity? Probably.
We went for a nice little hike around Cosmo Park. It was hard to get lost in the woods because there was a softball game going on in the park. We could hear the yells and cheers (as if it's a real sport) from blocks away.
Jess is planning a canoe trip in a couple of weeks. Kelly and I really want to go, but we both have appointments that weekend. I have a dentist appointment Friday morning which will leave me numb for some time afterwards and Kelly has a summer school meeting Saturday morning. We may still go and she'll just have to drive to the meeting in the morning and meet up with us later. We are planning on camping and floating all weekend, but not sure where yet. Maybe the Meramec or Huzzah Creek.
Well I had better pretend to do some work now... or play with Inkscape!

0 comments: