Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Erf

Phew now that Earth day is over we can begin the more widely celebrated holiday that lasts all year long: F*ck the Earth Day. I'm leaving a trail of styrofoam peanuts everywhere I go. Are you doing your part? Come on, people! The sooner we destroy the planet the easier it will be for our grandchildren to die a quick, relatively painless death. And by our grandchildren I mean your grandchildren. I'm not such a heartless bastard that I would bring life into this crumbling world of shit knowing full well that we'll soon be short of habitable land and breathable air.



Damn that got a little depressing. Sorry about that, folks. I bounce between having great faith that humanity will put the needs of the Earth above its own instant gratification, then I'm reminded of the stark reality that we are selfish bastards. It's wonderful!


Michael Stipe recently said "If you would have told me in 1973 that in 2008 a black man and a woman running for president would still be a big deal, I would have laughed at you." I still see posters around my schools that have a picture of a 10 year old girl and the caption "When I grow up I want to be the first woman president." Sorry, kid, that's only 40 years away. 'Merica's gotta vote for someone with 9 houses and women can't own property! Oops, that may have changed. I'll check my state legislature this afternoon.


Maybe I'm just pissy. I paid the house note too soon and now we're broke until payday next week. Here's a random comic from PLIF:

0 comments: