Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I call it... Wonky Snowman with Penis

Not too many people appreciate the delicate art of unintentionally sexual Christmas confections. Some people see this as a cookie with an extra leg upon which to prop itself. Some see a snowman dong. I see a tasty holiday treat! This picture was in the Columbia monthly magazine intriguingly named... wait for it... Inside Columbia. They mainly deal with the going-on's of inside and outside Columbia.
The photography leaves something to be desired. Many of the pictures in this month's issue are of models in festive party attire captured halfway between thinking about maybe wanting to sneeze and contemplating whether the universe is contracting or expanding. I wish I'd taken more pictures while sitting in the allergist's office. I assumed their content would be online, but they are funneling most of their resources into the naughty cookie market at the moment.
Kelly and I visited the ol homestead last week. If you leave Columbia right after work and stop for gas and cheap truck-stop birthday presents for the wrong nephew you can make it to my grandma's house before 1am. Go ahead. Try it. The first day there we introduced her to Wii Bowling. It only took her about 50 tries to get the buttons down, but once she did it was pretty fun. I was pretty shocked when she got a turkey before the second game was finished. That pissed me off so I proceeded to kick her ass at golf. Take that, Grandma!
We had 4 turkey dinners to go to that week. Jason and Dawn's was full of people we didn't really know, but the turducken was damn tasty. The dinner at my grandma's was less than ideal. Someone decided that since we should combine it with a 3 year old's birthday! YAY! There was much yelling frantic running about. But it did give me a chance to admire my half-sister's amazing decorating abilities. Yes, Woppy Birthde? 7@ny indeed.
After we escaped that dinner we went to Joanna's mom's and there were exactly 0 children running around. It was amazing. People were making intelligent conversation over wine and candles. My head almost assplode!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant

WanderingLili said...

Yeah for Turkey Birthdays!