Monday, March 31, 2008

Memphis Blues

HAHA GET IT? "Memphis Blues" is a pun because the city is famous for music and giving people colorful diarrhea. My trip was pretty fun. Saw lots of people, but missed seeing a few because there simply wasn't enough time or meals. Most visits center around eating a meal so one must plan accordingly.
I didn't get a chance to see Mike (get a cell phone) or Tiffany (stop going to school and working and volunteering so much) or Lili who did not leave a forwarding cubicle address. On the way down there Kelly and I listened to My Lobotomy. It was boring at times, but overall pretty damn interesting. Apparently if you were depressed in the 50's there was a chance that some jackass would scoot your eyeball over with an ice-pick and jab needles around for a few minutes. Yay!
As far as Memphis goes there's not much to report. We spent a lot of time with family, went to a hibachi grill which terrified one of Kelly's nieces. I introduced my Mom to Craigslist and she's already sold a few things in a matter of hours. Now someone needs to buy her house before she drives my grandmother crazy. Anyone who can make crêpes like my grandma should be treated with respect!
On the way home we listened to some lectures on the Late Middle Ages. Apparently guns > knights. And "knights" was once pronounced phonetically, but now for some reason that escapes me, is not. That's not all we learned of course, but it's getting close to closing time so I need to finish up some work.
Poot.

2 comments:

MyBlog said...

You are now my RSS feed. I can read your crap now, HOORAY!

WanderingLili said...

Can't believe you were in MEM and didn't call or e-mail or somethin. I am in HR now... through the black door turn left, and I am the 2nd on the right. Not too hard unless you are a frady cat! =)

Lili